Government Advice For Tenants

Org scottish government advice for landlords 470

Government advice for tenants

19 March 2020

Support for tenants

We would ask you to urge your tenants to apply for Statutory Sick Pay and Universal Credit where they are eligible. We would also urge you to encourage them to speak to you as soon as they are in financial difficulty as it may mean that they are unable to pay their rent at this time.

Tenants affected by Coronavirus who are concerned about paying their rent can claim Universal Credit from the Department for Work and Pensions which includes support for housing costs, if eligible. The UK Government has introduced some temporary changes to make this easier. The following website provides further information on applying for Universal Credit:

If a tenant is getting Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, but still can't afford their housing costs, they may be eligible for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP). Further information on DHPs and how to apply is available at:

Tenants may be able to get support through the Scottish Welfare Fund. Further information on how to apply is available on:

Latest information on COVID-19

The following link takes you to the Coronavirus page produced by Scottish Government which has the latest information on the virus in Scotland, and further links to up to date news and information on the subject.

Please stay safe ………………

Kind Regards

Avey Mohammed

Property Manager

Other Articles

Can't find what you're looking for?