Property Management Glasgow

For peace of mind, an accredited agent should be, such as ARLA, LAS or SAL. Being accredited is recognised by the majority of mortgage lenders.

When choosing the correct agent for you and your needs, look for professionalism, value and a dedicated team. You can see some other qualities to look for here.

A&S guarantees that you'll receive same-day transfers of rent via BACS transfer, along with a statement sent directly by email. The majority of rent payments are received on the first of each month; however, 70% of rents are paid before the first and Landlords are paid before the due date.

Prior to your property being advertised you should register with your local authority.

Tenants are responsible for bills, including utilities and council tax.

The inventory provider will have a record of metre readings contact local authorities to provide details of any new tenants moving in.

Get in touch with us to discuss what your rental value should be. A member of our local team in Glasgow will be delighted to visit your property and provide free advice on what you can expect.

Working with our trusted network of local tradesman, who we can rely on 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Quotes can be obtained and then passed to Landlords before any repairs are carried out unless we deem it an emergency situation.

If a tenant causes any damage, there are two options:
1. The tenant pays for the repairs for damages.
2. The cost for repairs is taken from the security deposit when the tenancy ends.

An initial inspection will be completed within a month of a tenancy agreement being signed.

You can enter the property only after issuing appropriate notice to the current tenant.

Acting as your agent, A&S will pursue the tenant within the initial 48-hours of rent arrears by both email and telephone.

Thereafter, arrear notices will be issued on day four, along with visits to the tenant if they fail to reply. After 28 days, we recommend the arrears be handed to a legal team.

Yes. You should inform your current mortgage lender before your property can be let out. They may impose special conditions, such as the increase of your interest rate. If you are buying a property to let out, you might be able to obtain a buy-to-let mortgage.

Contact our office and ask the Glasgow property team to issue the tenant with a two-month notice to quit. After this, if tenants refuse to vacate, legal action will be required.

Landlords can be liable to pay tax on their rental income, whether based in the UK or are based overseas. More information can be found on the Inland Revenue's website.

Yes. We ensure that all potential tenants are screened using a full credit and reference check.

The following compliance needs to be carried out and information provided to tenants before a tenancy being signed. All information must be included with the Tenant Information Pack (TIP) following Scottish Legislation. At A&S Properties, we have the following compliance works which are carried out, removing all the hassle for you. We can negotiate for you to obtain special discounted rates from our network of local accredited tradespeople with no extra charge.

An Energy Performance Certificate, or EPC for short, is a report detailing the energy efficiency of a property. It gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years. All landlords must purchase an EPC for a property before they let it, and values must be shown within all advertising.

Gas Safe Certificate
A Gas Safety Record (GSR) is in place to ensure that all gas appliances, pipes and flues are in safe working order. A qualified Gas Safe Register engineer must carry it out and issue a certificate. This needs to be checked every 12 months, and a working Co2 detector must be in place and changed every 5 years.

An Electrical Installation Condition Report is in place to make sure all electrical wiring, fuse boards, sockets and switches are in safe working order. A qualified Select Electrician must carry it out and issue a certificate. This must be carried out every 5 Years.

You have a duty to your tenant(s) to ensure that any electrical devices within the property are safe for use. We recommend an Installation Survey or Portable Appliance Testing (PAT certificate), so you can be sure you are compliant should be carried out annually.

Legionella Testing
Recent changes to the HSE guidance have highlighted too many individuals who need to perform risk assessments for legionella control in properties that they lease. These include duty holders towards your tenants within your property, landlords, and individuals affected by changes in legislation relating to the control of Legionella. The period of checks can vary after initial inspection from annually to every two years, depending on risk.

Fire Safety and Furniture
The Scottish Government has produced revised statutory guidance on the requirements for smoke alarms. A copy of the revised statutory guidance is available on the PRHP website by visiting

However, the main points relative to smoke detectors are as follows.

The Domestic Technical Handbook states there should be at least:

  1. One functioning smoke alarm in the room that the occupants frequently use for general daytime living purposes.
  2. One heat alarm in every kitchen.
  3. One functioning smoke alarm in every circulation space, such as hallways and landings.
  4. All alarms should be interlinked.

Any upholstered furnishings provided by the landlord should be fire-resistant.

Upholstered furniture includes:

  • Sofas, Sofa Beds, Futons and Armchairs
  • Beds, headboards and mattresses
  • Loose and stretch covers for furniture, including cushions and seat pads
  • Curtain and Blinds

Inventory Condition Reports:

An inventory is a list of everything in the property that you are renting to your tenant (for example, furniture, carpets and curtains, kitchenware) and its condition also health and safety, e.g. Smoke alarms and detectors.

An inventory can help avoid a dispute because it proves what state the property was when your tenant moved there. In particular, it can help if a dispute is lodged with a tenancy deposit scheme or PHRP (Private Housing Rental Panel).

It is in your best interest to provide an independent inventory. If anything is broken or damaged while your tenants live there, the inventory shows it was not broken before your tenant moved in the property. On the other hand, if anything in the property is already damaged, the inventory proves you have made them aware.

Do you want to rent out your property but do not want to deal with all the ongoing, time-consuming tasks involved? Let us take the burden off of your shoulders. As one of Glasgow’s leading residential and commercial property management companies, we can be your own personal property experts. We can make life easier for Landlords Glasgow and beyond.

Give us a call for a quick and free estimate of your property's market value.

No hidden fees, no obligations and no fuss. Just one quick and informal chat with our management agents can let you know how much you could be earning every month from your rental properties.

Wooden house and piles of coins growing

What You Receive With A&S Property Management Glasgow

Knowledge and experience

If you’re looking for a real estate agent in Glasgow you can rely on, look no further than A&S Properties. With our understanding of the Glasgow property market and our experience in providing top-tier property management services for landlords across the country, you can be sure that you and your property are in great hands.

We'll provide:

  • Assistance making sure your property is up to code and fully aligned will all relevant laws and regulations
  • Our expertise in marketing your property to find the right kind of tenant and attract applicants from a wide net
  • Full use of every web portal, property site and social media platform we have access to, making your property stand out
  • Transparent and straightforward rental collection
  • Guidance, support and advice whenever you may need it
  • 24/7 support.

The understanding of your property's importance

When we take over the management duties of a property, we treat it like our own. This means we do everything possible to ensure we find the most suitable tenants, keep everything in top shape and respond to any issues quickly and professionally on your behalf.

  • High-quality properties deserve high-quality tenants, and so we prioritise the best tenants for your property over anything else
  • Strict checks for potential tenants, using reference checks and credit checks
  • Regular property inspections to keep it at its best
  • An easy to access maintenance reporting portal which tenants can access online
  • 24/7 support service for both landlords and tenants.

Clear communication

Our property management services are available across central Scotland, with teams specialising in the markets of Glasgow, Perth and Dundee. We aim to be as clear and transparent with all our landlords. Whether it’s providing up to date information on any issues, same-day information on rent payments or bespoke investment advice, we offer a personal service specific to you and your circumstances. Feel free to seek our counsel on everything from property investments in Glasgow to the current responsibilities of landlords.

Making lives easier for Landlords, Glasgow and beyond, is our passion, so get in touch today.