Report a Property Issue
Please note that you must not authorise repairs to the property or incur any unauthorised expenses without the express written permission of the agent detailed above. The cost of any work authorised by you or someone acting on your behalf without such written authority will not be reimbursed.
Emergency repairs include:
- no heating or hot water between October 1st and March 31st only
- no heating or hot water any time of the year if there is a vulnerable person in the property – a young baby, or someone who is elderly or disabled
- no cold water (but check with neighbours to see if it affects other homes)
- a burst or leak that at least fills a household bucket overnight. Turn off the water
- any burst, leak or water penetration that is affecting electrics. Turn off electricity
- complete or part power failure in the property
- electrical fitting smoking or scorching (also turn off the electricity)
- leaking soil pipe
- blocked toilet – but only if there is not another toilet in the property
- blocked drain with sewerage coming up-(tenant may have to pay for this repair where it is a result of tenant negligence or damage)
- rain coming in through the roof or windows
- flooding into the property and
- lock broken, door broken or window broken – but only if it makes the property insecure. (tenant may have to pay for this repair where it is a result of tenant negligence or damage)
If you suspect there is a gas leak or you are concerned about the safety of any gas appliances you should immediately do the following:
- Call National Grid Gas Emergency Freephone number: 0800 111 999
- Open all doors and windows
- Shut off the gas supply at the meter control valve (if you know where it is)
Phone A & S Properties and let them know the situation before and after the gas engineer has been.
All other repairs please fill in the section below with pictures and details if possible and we aim to have them carried out urgently. N.B please select correct area office you deal with!!