This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our Privacy and Cookie Notice. If you dont agree to our use of cookies, please navigate away from this site now.
APRIL 11, 2018 | BY A & S Property

Landlord faces action after tenants die from carbon monoxide poisoning

The landlord of a north London property where two men died of a suspected carbon monoxide leak on Sunday faces a likely hefty fine after operating an unlicensed HMO.

The two tenants, aged 35 and 42, were discovered dead at the property in Bacon Lane, Edgware, on Sunday afternoon, due to a possible carbon monoxide leak at the building. 

The occupants of the rented property are thought to have moved in last month.

Five people, including two young boys, were taken to hospital as a precaution, Scotland Yard said.

Harrow Council has confirmed that action will now be taken against the landlord of the property in Edgware.

A council spokesman said: “We will be taking action against the landlord for operating an unlicensed HMO.”

No arrests have been made, although inquiries continue and the Health and Safety Executive has been informed.

Article courtesy of Landlord Today | Sign up for Landlord Today newsletter | Get this news on YOUR site!